Tuesday, May 3, 2011

5/2/11 Training Journal - MET con workout, hoops, and testing my QB

I am in hard core mode again. It is my goal to train about 2 hours a day up until the day I leave for Key West. Then I will give my body a couple days of recovery time to get ready for the big race.

Goal
Strength Workout
Bball for some fun cardio
Paddle Training my wife Erica

Strength Workout Summary
Today is designed to take about 45 mins and really tax the transverse or twisting plane of motion with a lot of SUP specific moves. I am having a lot of fun on the indo board, and can already feel a difference in my balance on my SUP board.

Core Warmup
Indo Board Freestyle
Square feet Triangles
Reach Triangles

Blocks are performed for time with no breaks. 3 minute recovery between blocks.

Block 1 X200
TRX Muscle Ups X50
TRX 1 arm Reach & Row X100
TRX Scorpion X40
Bball Court Sprints

Block 2 X 200
FM SUP Chop X50
FM Bar Press X50
FM Lawn mower X50
Rope Crosses X50

15 min shooting baskets cool down
Overall all I felt good. I can feel more mobility and power in my trunk and hips. All good things for a SUP'er.

Bball with Jason Grace
2 Games of 21 about 30 minutes
I abused Jason once again, but he keeps coming back. Gotta love it.



Training Paddle With Erica
Erica has 3 races in 3 weeks so I am helping her with a little technique and turning. She is not to concerned with placing just wants to feel comfortable on the board, enjoy the water, and work on her fitness. We paddled from the Clearwater Sailing Center Beach at Sunset. It was magical. Not many folks out. Just us, the dropping sun, and buoy turns. Erica is getting better at stacking her shoulders and beginning to add the "punch" to increase her RPM's.



My new Quick Blade!
Wow I am sold. This paddle lives up to it's name. I got a 110 in QB elite racer. I am very impressed with the paddle's efficiency. I feel like I am faster already. The blade does not "dance" in the water and enters and exits the water very smoothly. I didn't paddle very long distances on it, but I definitely feel more eefficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment