Thursday, May 5, 2011

5/3/11 Training Journal SUP endurance intervals


I feel like a kid at Christmas. I am so excited to get my new QB paddle out on training paddle and see how it measures up.

Goal
6-8 miles of 1 mile sprints with 3 minutes recovery in between each mile.
30-45 min of cardio whatever I feel like
Indo Board Balance and core training/ freestyle

Cardio Summary
One of my co-workers wanted to get a piece in basketball so I promptly stomped him four games in a row of 21. This took about 45 minutes and was a good workout.

Indo Board Balance
After hoops I introduced my fellow trainer Mike to the indo board. I can not believe how far I have progressed in a week. I can stand on the board in different directions and have improved on the core moves I do from pushup position. Best of all I can feel the increased balance improving my paddle stroke and efficiency. So fun, so effective. I feel completely comfortable doing my buoy turns regardless the conditions.

SUP Training
I met Jason at his place for our training paddle. He lives near Rocky Point in the northern  section of the bay. I was amazed by how beautiful it was even though we could see the Courtney Cambell Causeway. There were acres upon acres of protected mangroves and tons of wild life! I drive past this everyday and never realized how gorgeous it truly is. There was a dolphin fishing in the channel right outside of  Jason's house. I saw so many fish and different kinds of rays. I was however quite mad that my Garmin was dead when we went to paddle so we did our best to simulate about 1 mile intervals. We went against the wind for the first 4 sprints and thankfully had the wind aid us as we mostly coasted back and worked on form. I estimate the total paddle at about 7 miles. It was one of those great paddles that was relaxing and I felt like I was exploring, but I kicked my ass. Love it.

Quick Blade
My paddle felt fricking amazing. I feel faster with it and the 110 blade doesn't seem to bother me. Jason even commented that I seemed faster. Watch out people.

No comments:

Post a Comment