Monday, April 4, 2011

4/3/11 Training Journal Sunset Paddle

It was my turn to do my weekend shift at work. So I opened the club bright early. Just what I needed after staying out late at The Hip Abduction show in St. Pete. I stopped by the Paddle Fit certification on my way home. It is an amazing site to see 20 boards on the water at one time not at a race. Brody Welte is doing an amazing job getting people qualified to spread the SUP stoke. Which reminds me have you seen the Stoke Harvester Logo? It's a guy out of Seattle. Very very cleaver. check him out on facebook.

After watching the Chicago Cubs break my heart and blow a lead in the 9th for what seems like the 10,000th time I took a power nap. Feeling rested I loaded up the boards and Erica and I headed south to Indian Rocks Beach. Close parking = minimum board schlepping and less tourists. The Gulf was flat and glassy. Thank you Jeff comer for loaning me a paddle as I wait on my replacement.
E and I paddled for about 45 mins at a moderate pace. It was very tranquil. I even saw an eagle raw go flying out of the water about 100 yards in front of me. My shoulders were still toasted from my "swim" home on Saturday. Light paddling felt amazing and I threw in a little Yoga as the Sun melted to the sea. Remember It's a great idea to harvest your stoke from time to time. It doesn't always have to be an all out training. There wasn't a cloud in the sky and the post sunset "rainbow" of colors was spectacular. My soul is refreshed.

1 comment: