Thursday, March 17, 2011

3/16/11 Strength Endurance Lead by Expert Trainer Jason Grace

I would lie if I wasn't nervous for what Jason was going to do to me today. I was pretty fatigued from yesterday and my heart wasn't 100% into it. That's why having a training partner or hiring a trainer is worth it. Jason got 5 X as much out of me as I would have given by myself. He also introduced me to the best regional band I have heard since Heritage. The Hip Abduction is fricking amazing! They sound as if  Paul Simon, O.A.R., and Dave Matthews got together and had a baby on a remote Caribbean Island. Check them out, they are on facebook. Thank you Amazing Grace.

Fighting Weight
207! My weight loss has begun accelerating again!
Goal 195 by 5/14 (Key West Classic)

Workout- All reps 15 unless noted
Who's Your Daddy, St. Paddy?
Dynamic Warmup - 2 Rounds


TGU x5 each (12kg)  (turkish get up's the best pound for pound exercise in the world)
Starfish Pushup x10  (pushup into a side plank with leg up)
Abduction Squats x10 (ankle band) (got to get glute's firing)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
KB Snatch+Windmill (12kg) (Amazing SUP exercise!)
Towel Grip Pullups (jump @ failure) (kicked my ass)
Crossover Pushups (lat. movement) x10
Suicide x 1 (BBall Court)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
FM "Paddle" (SUP stance) (Innovative move dreamed up by J really worked the eccenctic or negative of the paddle stroke)
Landmine Press (lunge stance)  (cool total press)
FM Warding Patterns (triplanar/ankle band) (best core exercise period)
Skater Jumps (focus on landing/loading) (getting ready for power phase)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Jason must have smoked crack with a circus clown if he thought we could do this round this late in the workout. I was humming circus music the entire time. My core was gone and I am scared of clowns)
TRX Power Pull (1 hand TRX rows with a weight in free hand)
TRX Incline Pushups x8  (Wow this was hard about a 45 degree pushup, humbling)
TRX Susp. Iso-Lunge MB Slams (Circus music here)
TRX Scorpions x8 (I said no! I love this move, but my core was smoked)
Summary
Brilliant workout! Jason did amazing job of targeting SUP specific muscles and movements. Once the circus music went out of my head I felt amazing and jammed out to the Hip Abduction all the way back to the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment