Sunday, March 13, 2011

SUP Training Journal 3/11 TRX Strength circuits

It's been another long tough week of training so the goal today is to get a great strength and core workout without taxing my system. My focus is on my training paddle Saturday morning.

The TRX suspension trainer is a wonderful anywhere training tool. It challenges strength, core,  and stability regardless of the moves that you do. I will be featuring a SUP specific video series in the coming weeks.
You can get more information or purchase your own TRX by clicking on the TRX banner on this page.

Fighting Weight
208!
Goal 195 by May 14th

Strength Endurance 15 reps performed as 3 sets of a block citcuit before rest

Warmup - add mobility, get muscles firing in 3 planes of motion, tax the core
KB Turkish get up's 5 each side
KB Triangles
TRX Scorpion (This is the one Jason and I have been workling on. I can only do abouit 5 at a time)

Block 1
TRX 1 arm rows
TRX Straight Arm Lat
Row 500 meters

Block 2
TRX Rear fly
Rolling Dumbell Pushup fly's (can only do about 1/2 from my feet before going to knees)
Row 250 meters

Cool down- 15 minutes shooting baskets. Foam roll, pigeon, and calf stretch

Summary
Great workout! I took it light for me only working out about 50 minutes. I am interested to see how I feel for my paddle tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment