Monday, March 28, 2011

3/28/11 EET Power Phase Week 2

Goal
Complete progression of last Monday's EET workout
Swim 30 mins

Fighting Weight
205 (woo to the fricking hoo!)
Goal 195 by 5/14 for Key West race.

Summary
Crazy busy day and crazy rainy day. The swim was rained out. Every time I got a break to swim it started raining again. Boo! I also got pushed to my workout till about 2:15 which didn't help my energy level. To continue with the excuses my shoulders and core were pretty fatigued from yesterday's 8 mile crazy condition paddle.

Anyways here's what happened
Block 1
Power Cleans 135 X 5
Tri Plane Vertical Jump X 10
1 min rest repeat for 3 sets  (felt pretty good, but definitely not 100%)

Block 2
Push Jerk 135 X 5
Hop Press 15 X 10sec
1 min rest, repeat for 3 sets

On my last round of push jerk, whether it was too heavy or I was too fatigued I decided to stop. My elbow began to hurt and i have a history of tendinitis flare ups. I decided to cut my losses and cut my workout short.
I vow to get 30 mins of exercise every day so I went to the Bball court to shoot hoops. Big reminder to anyone reading this if you aren't feeling your planned workout, you don't always have to push through. I go for the fun route in these situations. It keeps me from over training and makes me want to come back harder the next day. One of the bball hoops was down to 8 foot so I went back to being 13 years old and wanting to be Michael Jordan. I got some 360's, some bounce off the floor then the backboard, and even went for the free throw line dunk! Ok it was a volley ball line, but I'm a chubby white kid give me a break. Anyways i alternated jump shots on the big hoop and dunks to keep my heart rate up. Lots of fun and the 30 min flew by. On to fight tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment