Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Training Journal Entry 2 3/2/11

Goals of the day
Cardio- Running 10X 1:1 intervals and 10 minutes of Zone 1 HR rate training
Mobility/ Corrective Exercise- Foam roll everywhere and static stretch tight areas
Strength Endurance- Workout with my Training Partner Expert Level Trainer Jason Grace- his turn to design the workout.

Cardio Summary- Start at 11 a.m.
I was a little hesitant to run since I just did a 1/2 marathon on Sunday yet it felt amazing. I ran on the treadmill to limit poundings and to control my speed. I ran at 10 mph for each minute interval and walked at 3.7. I ended up covering 2.3 miles in my 20 minutes. It felt good, easy even. My club needs to invest in faster treadmills :). I finished with 10 minutes on the elliptical keeping my HR rate at 1:30. Shot hoops for about 10mins before stretchy time.

Mobility/ Corrective- Foam rolling felt like dancing in the rain. My body was very happy with me for this one. The paddle and swim kicked my ass yesterday. I also went through a couple of basic Yoga sequences to work my tight X factor lines.

total workout 1 hr 3 mins

Strength Endurance- Start 2:00
It was Jason's day to plan the workout and he was jumping at the bit to show off different exercises geared to a SUP'ers needs.

Warm up 2 rounds
5 Turkinsh Getups each side holding butt end of 24 lb KB up
10 Medicine ball cross chops with 12lb ball

Circuit1- 3 rounds all reps 15 unless noted
Incline Bench Press with 10lb plates and 24lb kettle bells hanging from bands to challenge proproception
TRX body Rows feet on Stability Ball
Jump Rope 1 minute

Circuit 2
Rings pushups with 1 leg in air and the other on a bosu (Is this the circus)
Band Shoulder/ LAt pull down Very SUP specific
Cable Chops

Circuit 3
Over head 1 side KB "waiter walks" Down and back the length of the basketball court (really?)
Rolling DB "climber pushups"
TRX 2 hand rotation
Rope slams 30 times (damn you Jason what is this the Biggest Loser?)

Strength Endurance Summary
Jason "amazing grace" did an excellent job picking exercises to not only challenge my strength endurance, but to bomb my core, and stabilizers in all 3 planes of motion. Definitely will give me confidence for the Orlando race on Saturday. This is week 1 of Strength Endurance Phase before I go to EET (Power training) in April to get ready for the big SE races.

I'll take my YOLO! attitude all the way to Victory!

PS I also ordered the book Total Immersion to help me with my swim training. The 4 hour body guy got all his swimming tips from there and the fittest woman I know, Master Trainer Donna Smith recommended it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment