Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Training Journal 3/9/11 Strength Endurance

Goal
20-30 minute swim to loosen up
Strength Endurance workout with training partner Jason "Amazing" Grace

Fighting Weight
209 (sustained under 210 nice)
Goal 195 by 5/14

Swim Summary
I am surprisingly not too sore from my 3+ hours of training yesterday. A little shoulder and quad fatigue is all.
I focused on drills today mostly using the leg support to work on bilateral breathing.
Swim thought- swimming down hill meaning my hand enters the water and glides down. I have the tendency to "scrape" the top of the water.
My Total Immersion book came in! Can't wait to learn the revolutionary swim stroke! = me no longer droning out there.

Strength Endurance workout with partner Jason Amazing Grace
It was my turn to plan the workout aka get Jason back. I am in the strength endurance phase for the month of march so all reps are 15 with a focus on core based movements that will challenge the entire body and keep the HR up. Ideally working in the same energy system as SUP racing.

Block 1
Climber Pullups (pull up trying to bring alternating knees to elbow, jump up when fatigued)
The Jammer (a hammer strength machine where you can stand step & press looks like a football "jam")
Seal Crawls aka Lt. Dan's (this is miserable! pushup position with feet on gliders crawl to half court and back. major core and shoulders, you can't use your legs so you look like Lt. Dan)
Run 2X basketball court

Block 2 (FM stands for free motion cable cross machine)
FM bar transverse punch press (bar attachment twist and press with inside hand, hello obliques)
FM Lawnmowers (sport specific training for manual labor or the club,win win)
FM SUP Chops (doesn't get more specific than this, grab high on cable bottom hand on towel SUP chop up to 40 lbs on this, getting strong)
Kettle Bell moving swings to half court and back (1 sagital 2 frontal 3 transverse) Light KB more for the movement coordination and HR

Block 3  (I am filming a video for SUP specific TRX moves to post in April!)
TRX Chest Fly's   (suspended chest fly great stretch and core response)
TRX Muscle Up's (from ground pull/ press yourself up. You have to use your lats and tri's similar to SUP)
TRX Scorpions (Jason introduced me to this move. Holy crap! Just when you think you have a strong core)
It's so hard I can only do 5 on each side. I will video this and post. Too hard to explain.

Summary
Beast Mode. Felt good! This is the 2nd week of this phase and I am settling in to the comfort zone. I am pretty confident that Jason hates me after this one. The amount of core and the no breaks will waste the strongest of soldiers. Gracey started fading in the 2nd set.

Other News
Moving closer to bringing SUP to Harbour Island. Brody and I have some dates planned. I just have to get the green light from corporate. They sound excited about the exposure that this will bring the club.
A cold front and rain is moving in tonight. SUP might be interesting tomorrow, but You Only Live Once!

Sealed up a sponsorship with Revitalabs- a FL based supplement company. The owner is one of Gracey's client's Dr. Mark. Dr. Mark is a well known urologist in the bay area and has been a staple on Bubbah the Love Sponge's radio show. I love there RPM chia based protein shake and revitatropin a nighttime recovery drink that has allowed me to keep my training volume. I love their slogan "don't replenish, optimize!" Much more to come on revitalabs!


No comments:

Post a Comment