Tuesday, March 8, 2011

SUP Training Journal 5 3/6/11 Post Race Recovery

Rest? I can rest when I am dead.

As I mentioned on Friday the hardest thing for me to do is take a break. Sunday was supposed to be a planned recovery day with some light stretching, but that changed quickly. I had a great time on Saturday after the race catching up with old clients and co-workers from my former gym, RDV Sportsplex in Orlando. I was eager to continue my homecoming tour of Orlando and I couldn't sleep past 7.  RDV's Sports Performance Department has taken over the Orlando Magic's old training court and weight room with their move to the new stadium. I couldn't wait to see the new space.

Here is the Magic court. Just think of how many free throws have been missed in the room between a young Shaq and Dwight Howard. The weight room opens up in the back right of the picture.



The area below is to the left of the court and was formerly the Magic's locker room. They are clearing it and covering it with turf. The room is about the size of an NBA court. Man I'm missing out on an awesome facility to build athletes.


Anyway, Jake the Sports Performance Team Leader and I decided to play a game of 21 on the Magic court. It is not pretty when two 210+ lb former football players play 1 on 1. It was more like slam ball than basketball, but 1 game turned into 5. I came out victorious in the 5th and deciding game and only had bruises and an exhausted body to show for it. Pretty much the opposite of rest, but You Only Live Once.

Great times in Orlando!

No comments:

Post a Comment