Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sup Training Journal 3/15 Run/Stairs and SUP form

Goal
50 min mix of pace running with stairs before and after to build strength endurance in legs
SUP form light paddle

Run Summary
The run felt amazing. I ran from HIAC (Harbour Island Athletic Club) to the Convention Center. There I ran 10 stairs and continued down bayshore for 15 min before I turned around. I planned to only run 10 stairs, but "Be Somebody" by Kings on Leon and struck my under dog nerve. Then as if someone was trying to tell me to dominate the stairs a Rocky song came on. Needless to say I dominated the stairs and sprinted back to HIAC. All of this in my Vibrams. I can safely say I have progressed myself nicely in my monkey man barefoot shoes. I feel no joint or ligament stress even after a tough workout like this.

Stats
Total time 50 mins
Total Distance approx 4 miles (my garmin watched died in my gym bag, doh)
25 stairs

SUP Summary
Jason Grace my training partner jinxed me and told me to be careful of over training. I laugh at over training I know when to rest. I open the club on Tuesdays so I wake up at 4:10 a.m. So when i got home around 3 stoked to paddle I took a nap instead. I was still groggy as i dropped my board off the dock to leisurely do this Saturday's race course. I felt horrible! My plan was to go easy and work on form, but I didn't want to go this slow or feel like I was pulling a barge behind me. I made it 1.5 miles to the sailing center beach, did about 8 buoy turns and decided to head back home. Sping break was in full affect and boats and pasty mid westerner's were annoying me. My stroke technique did feelgood however. My recent adjustments are becoming automatic. I paddled to the end of my channel laid on m board and let the current deposit me back to my dock. A glorious 10 min float. My chi was now harnessed, boom.

Stats
3 miles
YOLO eco trainer
High 70's on shore wind "sea breeze" about 10 mph, plenty of boats.

Beach fun
I took another 30 minute nap when I got home. Rejuvenated we went back to the beach to play "crack ball" and watch the sunset. Crack ball is simply "pro kadhima" or the wooden paddle ball game you see people playing at the beach. I call it crack ball because its very addiciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment