Tuesday, March 29, 2011

3/29/11 Training Journal, SUP intervals, Beach Fun, and Yoga

Goal
SUP (8 X 5min :1min rest) Intervals + 1 mile sprint
Beach Fun
Yoga

SUP Summary
Board YOLO Eco Trainer
Launched from my "work" dock in down town Tampa at Post Harbour Apartments. It was a pleasure to finally get some manageable conditions with 10mphs and mostly flat water. The conditions have handed it to me in my last two training paddles. I headed out towards Davis Island and the bayshore route in an attempt to map some distance land marks for training partner Jeff Comer. I had the down wind on the way out and I was flying! Even with two one minute rests my first mile was 11:30. That is blazing on a stock board. I got progressively slower with each mile mostly because I got lazier in my rests. 2nd mile was 12:23. I turned around at 2.25 miles at Howard and bayshore and headed into the wind. My 3rd mile was in the 13's. After I completed my 8th and final 5:1 interval I took a full 3 minute rest. This was perfect timing as a pod of dolphins was feeding just off the bayshore sea wall. This site never gets old as the walkers and runners got quite the show of dolphin rolls, jumps, and splashes. I had about a mile back to my launch spot and I decided to go 100%. I knocked out 1.1 miles in under 13 minutes. Pretty fast for the end of a workout on a stock board. Overall all I felt great today. I'm glad I backed off my workout yesterday.
4.5 miles in 1:03 (11 minutes of this time was "rest" at very slow speeds)

Beach Fun
Erica and I walked down to the beach at sunset. It was quite peaceful for spring break with over cast skies. The water was extremely glassy. Would have been perfect for a sunset paddle. Doh! We played crack ball for about 30 minutes before sitting down and soaking in the serenity.

Yoga
I'm getting addicted to my fit TV yoga's. Turning this off after posting and harnessing my chi. YOLO!

No comments:

Post a Comment