Wednesday, March 30, 2011

SUP Training Journal 3/30/11 EET Power Workout/ Caladesi 6 mile run

Goal
EET Power workout (light volume)
Run

EET Power workout summary
My shoulders are a little fatigued from my recent tough SUP sessions so today was a scheduled lighter day. The main event for strength training is my training session with my trainer Jason Grace on Friday.
3 rounds each block

Block 1
Wide Pullups 5
TRX "muscle ups" X10 AFAP (as fast as possible)

Block 2
DB Press 90's X 5
Switch pushups X 10 (staggered hands, push off as high as I can as fast as I can switching stagger)

Block 3
Free Motion Straight Arm Lat 30lbs x 5
Medicine ball slam 15lbs X10 (temper tantrum! woo hoo)

Block 4
Free Motion(FM) Fly 35lbs each stack X 5
FM 1 arm fly for spped 25lbs X10 AFAP

Basketball shooting cool down 10 minutes
Upper body is tight, did some corrective exercise for shoulders

Run Summary
"It's good for the soul when there is not a soul in sight" Dave Matthews in Kenny Chesney's I'm Alive.

Got out of work a little early today due to working this Sunday so I made the most of my time. I went straight from work to my secret spot on North Beach and went for a run. Here's some photos from my gorgeous soul filling journey.

Shell tree about 1.4 miles down right at the state park boundary.



Tiki man about 1.75 miles into the run



Trail head entrance about 2.1 miles down beach


 
Early trail. Love that no one is out here!



Turned onto the hammock loop about .4 into the trail. Love the smell of pine needles. Beautiful Live Oaks!


About a mile into trail 3.1 miles from start, when I started hearing thunder. That's usually a good sign to turn around, but i went another .4 miles anyway.



I turned around at 3.5 miles and took a little shorter trail back to the beach. Light rain started falling and as I neared the gulf I could see a major squall line.


The rain was never too bad and the wind actually shifted to make it an "Irish blessing" run meaning the wind was always at my back. I got out of leisure enjoy the scenery mode and averaged 8:20 miles as I ran the 2 miles back to my starting point. This run was amazing. I saw less that 10 people in my hour journey and they were all in the first 2 miles. Makes you really scratch your head about the people who come here on vacation to cram into motels on south beach. It also blows my mind that this is what this entire area should be like. I need to make this run mandatory at least once a week.

Total run 6.2 miles
58 mins (amazing considering I took all these pictures walked a little and I was running on sand and on trails)

No comments:

Post a Comment