Thursday, March 31, 2011

3/31/11 The Tornado SUP session?

What a gorgeous day in Tampa Bay! Psyche! Yes i just pulled a 90's on you. That's what happens when an outdoors man is stuck inside a cave all day. Tornado's, hurricane force winds, falling trees, and record lightning strikes. We must be paying for the last 2 months of perfect FL weather. Anyways...

Fighting Weight
204!
9 lbs to go in 6 weeks. 1.5 lbs a week. to make my goal for the Key West Race.

So my SUP session is out for today time to get innovative.

I wanted to duplicate the muscles and energy systems used in SUP. Trying to perform close to lactate threshold and killing my core. So here's what I came up with without planning. I wasn't as concerned with reps as I was with getting to the burn out on each activity.

Block 1
Row 500 Meters (I am improving here even got my first 500 in 1:35!)
KB Triangles 15 each side (works obliques and the "reach muscles")
TRX scorpions (getting better here i used to only be able to do 5 I did near 10 each set)

Block 2
Free Motion SUP chops (use bar attachment, hold like a paddle, and crunch)
Rope Temper tantrums (till i ran out of ATP about 20 reps)
Basketball court sprint

Block 3
Free motion Paddle decel (this mimics recovery the turn over or" punch of the stroke when paddle is out of water) Very hard!
Rope alternating arm temper tantrum (starting to get cooked by this point)

This only took about 30 mins and totally kicked my ass. It was a nice change of pace from my Power and endurance workouts of late, it was kind of in the middle. Nice curveball on opening day to keep the body guessing. That's how we get better.


Happy Opening Day People
The next two days are the greatest two days of the year. The rebirth of spring brings hope to all that love the greatest game in the world. There is no such game that mirrors our lives better than baseball. There is no such sport that is more diverse with nationalities. Baseball is Uniquely American and should be celebrated for what it still is our national past time. Remember catch with your dad, the first time you oiled up a new glove, juggling in the dugout while riding pine, sunflower seeds, big league chew, the first time you saw that green grass, or your first beer in the wrigley field bleachers. For today is opening day and may this finally be next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment