Tuesday, March 22, 2011

3/22/11 SUP Intervals, Run Intervals, Short Swim

Goal for today
SUP Intervals- 10 X 3:1 Intervals + 1 Mile at tempo + Water Therapy
Run Intervals 10 minute jog warm up ->10 X 1:1 Intervals->10 minute Jog warm down
Swim 8 laps AFAP

Run Summary
My run volume the last couple of weeks has affected my SUP training so i scaled it back this week.
I started at 10:50 ran 10 minutes past the Davis Island Bridge and started my intervals.
I felt fricking fantastic! I saw a few HIAC members and one of my clients walking down bayshore so I went into show off mode. (I'm a ham I can't help it) I ran my intervals like parqour or whatever they call those crazy runners who are basically stunt men. Bay shore has exercise machines every once in while so I turned them into my obstacles. I hurdled the exercise machines and side walks,  juked out palm trees, and I even tried to long jump the sand pits. Fun!
Total time 45 mins approx 5 miles including walk time.
I ran in my Vibram Kamodo's for the first time today and they felt great, much better than my KSO's. They still need a little breaking in however.

Swim Summary
I've been slacking on my Total Immersion reading, but excelling in my swimming. My form is progressing every time. I am beginning to understand "Swimming down hill" and "floating on my buoy." My bilateral breathing is improving as well.
8 laps in 15 minutes. This is huge for me. A couple weeks ago this took me about 30 mins and I was nearly drowning every time.

SUP Summary
YOLO Eco Trainer
I have been focusing on form a lot lately so I wanted to focus on RPM's. I can't get the image of Brandon Rahae's RPM's in Saturday's race. He literally paddles at least 3 to my 1! Hence the interval I chose today.

I opened the gym this morning so I have been up since 4am. I took a power nap till about 4pm and hit the water around 4:30. I launched from my dock and headed south past the Clearwater Marina.
I hammered out my 3:1's paddling sub 12 min mile pace during the work period and pretty much drifting during the recovery minute. I went 7 intervals out before I turned around and went another Mile at tempo with a focus on form and efficiency. I finished with 10 minutes of "water therapy" where I stare in the water, drift with the current, and simply be thankful for being on the water. As seriously as i have begun to take my SUP training its equally as important to tune back in with why I love the sport in the first place.

I dominated today. If only I felt this good everyday through both workouts.
YOLO!

No comments:

Post a Comment