Monday, March 7, 2011

SUP Training Journal Entry 4 3/4/11 Pre Race Day

It's so hard to take a break. It's always my mind set that more is better and that the competition is out there some where working harder than me. Here is my attempt at a break.

Goal
Loosen Up and Activate
Spread the SUP stoke

Loosen Up and Activate
Dynamic Warm-up 3 dimensional lunges
Single Leg Reach (RDL)
Tube walks (blue band get glute medius firing)
Foam Roll (the most neglected flexibility tool)
Yoga sequence 1 (I will share my base Yoga sequences in a future video)
Static Stretch tight areas (calves, lats, hip flexors, hamstrings)
Feel good stretchy time 35 mins

Summary
Wow this felt amazing. I am going to step my Yoga game up next week. Yoga is perfect for SUP'ers core strength, joint stability, stabilizing muscle endurance, and X fascial line flexibility.

Spread the SUP stoke
After our trainer staff meeting I took 3 of my top trainers out for their first SUP. We launched at my normal down town Tampa launch spot. It never gets old to watch people fall in love with SUP. We paddled for about an hour. This was perfect for me to get used to the feel of the 14" YOLO prowler that I will be racing on tomorrow. This also confirmed that I need to get my club to invest in some boards or work out a deal with YOLO. Down town Tampa waterfront is a SUP stadium.

Back to O-town for Paddleboard Orlando's first race. This is my first time back since I moved 10 months ago. So stoked!

No comments:

Post a Comment