Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Training Journal Entry 1 3/1/11

Gym Workout
Swim Day- In the process of teaching myself how to swim. I believe the cross training benefits will be tremendous due to the entire body endurance needed for both SUP and swimming.
16 total Laps
I mixed kick board, "leg floaters", and freestyle swim strokes

How I felt
Still feel like I am about to drowned. My efficiency is horrendous yet I am making progress. My break through today was beginning to feel 3 strokes and bilateral breathing.
Total pool time :40 mins
I finished up my gym time with shooting some hoops. I alternating 3 point shots with trying out some rim rocking dunks on the 7 foot hoop. Got a couple 360 windmills in! This improved self esteem after pool fiasco.

SUP Training
Goal 4X 1 mile sprints
3 minute rest in between each sprint

Conditions
Windy with tide coming in. After I got back I realized there was a small craft advisory. 15-20 mph winds. On shore wind.

Launch Spot and rout
Off my dock on the inter coastal. Headed out through Clearwater pass. Gulf and Pass where wicked. Headed back to inter coastal from Clearwater Sailing Center back to my channel on Brightwater.

Summary
Great Training day. Mix of conditions with current, cross chop, and straight up white caps. It appeared to be one of those days where there was always wind in my face and chop trying to knock me over. I now love this. I know it makes me a more powerful paddler so I embrace the misery. The pass felt like a treadmill it took me 15 minutes to go .75 miles in the pass. It was like a SUP treadmill I didn't feel like I was going anywhere. The way back was quite fun it was somewhere in between a down winder and Gulf Surfing caught some great bumps and flew back.

Overall I cover 4.3 miles in 57:30 including my breaks and a little float time to enjoy the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment